Learn more about holistic education and our school's theoretical approaches. Here are some resources and a suggestedreading list to get you started:
- Parker Palmer, "The Courage to Teach"
- Parker Palmer, "Healing the Heart of Democracy: The Courage to Create a Politics Worthy of the Human Spirit."
- Ron Miller, "What Are Schools For?: Holistic Education in American Culture"
- Alfie Kohn, "Beyond Discipline: From Compliance to Community"
- L.S. Vygotsky, "Play and it's Role in the Mental Development of the Child"
- Howard Gardner, "Development and Education of the Mind"
- Howard Gardner, "Five Minds for the Future"
- Linda Lantieri, "Building Emotional Intelligence"
- Progressive Education Network
- Institute for Democratic Education in America
- Institute for Humane Education
- John's Hopkins New Horizons for Learning
- Paths of Learning
- The Inner Resilience Program
- Collaborative for Academic, Social and Emotional Learning
- North American Reggio Emilia Alliance
- Alternative Education Resource Organization
- Mindful Schools
Schools we're inspired by